This page documents important rules that must be followed when participating in this wiki. While many topics are covered, other types of inappropriate behavior not specifically outlined here can still be deemed unacceptable; use common sense. Users who are not here to contribute positively are subject to being blocked.
- Treat other members with respect.
- Do not engage in edit wars with other users. If an edit is reverted, explain the reasoning in the summary field. If there is a disagreement, keep the discussion to the message walls. If a consensus cannot be reached, contact an admin for assistance.
Editing Wiki Pages
- This wiki uses American English grammar and spelling conventions.
- Try to write in an unbiased and neutral style.
- Do not plagiarize information from other websites.
- Refer to the main character of The Messenger as "Ninja," similar to an individual's first name, rather than as a title or a common noun. Do not refer to him as "the Ninja," "the ninja," "ninja," "The Messenger," "messenger," or other variants.
- Generally, wiki pages refer to "Ninja" in relation to the story. However, in certain instances, the player may be referenced in relation to gameplay. In those instances, refer to the player as "they/them," rather than "he/him" or "she/her."
- Real-life individuals, such as game developers or participants in Sabotage Studio's official Discord, are sometimes referenced in this wiki. Those individuals should be referenced by their known pronouns. If it is unknown, use "they/them."
- Do not vandalize any wiki page. Vandalism can include but is not limited to:
- Inserting false information.
- Removing content from pages. (However, removing spam is allowed.)
- Spamming links to external sites.
- Inserting nonsense/gibberish into pages.
- Users are encouraged to personalize their profile. (See here: Special:MyPage)
- Do not edit another member's profile without consent.
- Admins and moderators may edit other members' profiles when housekeeping/maintenance is deemed appropriate, such as fixing broken image links.
- Users may choose to create profile subpages, such as Special:MyPage/Sandbox, in order to test edits before implementing them on actual pages.
- Uploaded images must be related to The Messenger. Screenshots, official sprites, official artwork, concept artwork, diagrams, and other informative images are permitted.
- Personal images that are not necessarily related to The Messenger may be uploaded for usage on user profiles.
- Do not upload inappropriate or explicit images.
- If a personal image is not used within 24 hours, it may be deleted.