- 1 Appearance
- 2 Items
- 3 Power Seals
- 4 The Shopkeeper's Dialogue
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
- 8 Interactive Locations Map
Appearance[edit | edit source]
8-Bit[edit | edit source]
Quillshroom Marsh has yellow and green structures, yellow grass, green dirt, brown gnarly trees with green accents, green thorny vines, green plants, and yellow-brown quicksand. There are many red-capped mushrooms with brown stalks, some with faces that sing to the music. Green mushroom-shaped lanterns with faces also sing to the music. In the distant background are large mushrooms of varying sizes, tall trees barren of leaves, and a large mass of thorny vines lining the ground, all shaded green.
16-Bit[edit | edit source]
Same as 8-bit, but the structures are brown, the dirt is brown, the distant background is appropriately colored rather than shades of green, and the background has a layer of slowly-moving fog.
Items[edit | edit source]
8-Bit[edit | edit source]
- If Ninja sinks into the quicksand pit in the second room of Quillshroom Marsh (from the west), he'll find himself in an underground pathway that leads to the Magic Seashell. He can enter this pathway in 16-bit, but the Magic Seashell will be missing.
Power Seals[edit | edit source]
- For the main article, see Power Seals.
Linear[edit | edit source]
Power Seal #1[edit | edit source]
After the first shop checkpoint, a vertical wall slightly sticks out of the ceiling. Climb the wall up into the Power Seal room. Cloudstep the lanterns while avoiding spikes in order to reach the Power Seal.
Power Seal #2[edit | edit source]
Normally, Ninja should wait until the second half of the game in which attacking the Magic Fireflies reveals a safe time passageway through the spikes. However, Ninja can also attempt to jump through the spike-filled passageway during his first runthrough of Quillshroom Marsh, but he will take unavoidable damage.
Final[edit | edit source]
Power Seal #3[edit | edit source]
In 16-bit at the second shop checkpoint, drop down the floor in the lower-right corner of the room to reach the Power Seal room. Rope Dart past sawblades and crusher blocks, and avoid sinking into the quicksand while traveling towards the Power Seal.
The Shopkeeper's Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Emerald Golem[edit | edit source]
Current area[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- For the main article, see The Shopkeeper's Stories.
Level boss[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the 16-bit-exclusive pathway near the bottom of the map between Quillshroom Marsh and Searing Crags, a dilapidated brown house with a withered tree is seen. A wooden figure of Death is stuck to the tree, reaching for a yellow pear. This is an easter egg that references The Shopkeeper's story in the Catacombs.
- On the 16-bit pathway to the Magic Seashell pedestal is an axe and a hand with a golden ring on its ring finger, both leaning against a wooden crate. This is an easter egg that references The Shopkeeper's story in Searing Crags.
- Mushrooms in the background, and mushroom lanterns, sing to the music.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Interactive Locations Map[edit | edit source]
|Locations in The Messenger|
|Messenger Island||Ninja Village • Autumn Hills • Forlorn Temple • Catacombs • Bamboo Creek • Howling Grotto • Quillshroom Marsh • Searing Crags • Glacial Peak • Tower of Time • Cloud Ruins • Underworld • Dark Cave • Rivière Turquoise • Sunken Shrine • Elemental Skylands • Corrupted Future • Music Box|
|Voodkin Island||Open Sea • Voodkin Shore • Fire Mountain • Voodoo Heart|
|Miscellaneous Locations||The Shop • Tower of Time HQ • The Craftsman's Corner • The Void|