Appearance[edit | edit source]
Forlorn Temple is a large crumbling temple made of red bricks with green accents. There are green plants. The background sky is light blue with light blue clouds tinged with yellow. A yellow sun shines brightly with many rays of light in the lower-left corner of the screen, at the sky's horizon. The sunlight reflects upon the ocean.
Since the demons invaded this human temple, there are many demon monuments and skeletons of dead humans.
Items[edit | edit source]
16-Bit[edit | edit source]
Power Seals[edit | edit source]
- For the main article, see Power Seals.
Power Seal #1[edit | edit source]
After a long horizontal room filled with moving platforms and a few Blue Kappa and Green Kappa, travel upward into a room with a circular time rift. Transform from 8-bit into 16-bit, return back to the previous long horizontal room, then drop down into the new lower-right opening that leads to the Power Seal room. Traverse through obstacles and ride rockets until Ninja reaches the Power Seal.
Power Seal #2[edit | edit source]
In the upper-left corner of the temple is a room with a shop checkpoint, a very large tree with four lanterns, and a small throne. Cloudstep the lanterns upward and into the Power Seal room directly above the throne room. Traverse through obstacles and ride rockets until Ninja reaches the Power Seal.
The Shopkeeper's Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Current area[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- For the main article, see The Shopkeeper's Stories.
Level boss[edit | edit source]
|Shopkeeper||Well this is it.|
|Ninja||This is what?|
|Shopkeeper||Your shot at taking down the Demon King.|
|Ninja||I feel ready.|
|Shopkeeper||I hope you are. We lost too many Messengers to him already. Good luck.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The well in the first room of Forlorn Temple is an easter egg that references The Shopkeeper's story in the Music Box.
- In the upper-left corner of Forlorn Temple is a king's crown, a king's robe, and small silver ring next to a tree. This is an easter egg that references The Shopkeeper's story in Howling Grotto.
- In two different rooms, there is a throne with cryptic runes etched into it that translate into "DEMON." One throne is in the upper-left room of the temple, left of a shop checkpoint, and the other throne is in a long horizontal room in the north section of the temple, next to a Green Kappa and a Bouncing Dogo.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
8-Bit Rooms[edit | edit source]
16-Bit Rooms[edit | edit source]
Interactive Locations Map[edit | edit source]
|Locations in The Messenger|
|Messenger Island||Ninja Village • Autumn Hills • Forlorn Temple • Catacombs • Bamboo Creek • Howling Grotto • Quillshroom Marsh • Searing Crags • Glacial Peak • Tower of Time • Cloud Ruins • Underworld • Dark Cave • Rivière Turquoise • Sunken Shrine • Elemental Skylands • Corrupted Future • Music Box|
|Voodkin Island||Open Sea • Voodkin Shore • Fire Mountain • Voodoo Heart|
|Miscellaneous Locations||The Shop • Tower of Time HQ • The Craftsman's Corner • The Void|