Cloudstep is a default ability in The Messenger. It is a special technique taught to the ninjas of Ninja Village. Attacking objects in midair results in the Cloudstep symbol appearing beneath the user, indicating that an additional jump can be performed. Cloudsteps can be chained as long as you attack objects while in midair.
- Many objects provide Cloudstep, including enemies, switches, Big Time Shards, Magic Fireflies, and lanterns.
- After purchasing the "Strike of the Ninja" shop upgrade, enemy projectiles can also be destroyed and offer Cloudstep.
- The Windmill Shuriken provides Cloudstep when it hits applicable objects.
- Cloudstepping is referenced in the Blue Kappa's description card.
- According to Thierry Boulanger, the main writer and director of the game, the ability to shoot a beam with your sword after charging was a scrapped idea since it hindered the Cloudstepping mechanic, and taking away from this core mechanic made the game less enjoyable.
- For the main article, see Achievements.
|Walking On Air|
Execute 15 Cloudsteps without landing or clinging to a wall
|Items in The Messenger|
|Items||Scroll • Climbing Claws • Energy Shuriken • Windmill Shuriken • Wingsuit • Rope Dart • Lightfoot Tabi • Astral Seed • Astral Tea Leaves • Ordinary Wax Candle • Magic Seashell • Power Thistle • Demon Crown • Ruxxtin's Amulet • Magic Firefly • Sun and Moon Crests|
|Abilities||Cloudstep • Shop Upgrades|
|Collectibles||Power Seals • Voodoo Feathers • Voodoo Mask Pieces|
|Music Notes||Key of Chaos • Key of Hope • Key of Courage • Key of Love • Key of Symbiosis • Key of Strength|
|Phobekins||Acro • Necro • Claustro • Pyro|
|Miscellaneous||Time Shards • Money Wrench|