The Climbing Claws are an item in The Messenger. They are Ninja's first free upgrade from The Shopkeeper, granted when he reaches the first shop of Autumn Hills. The Climbing Claws are grips that allow Ninja to cling to smooth vertical walls. He'll automatically cling to a wall if he's airborne and touches it, allowing him to climb it up and down.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The "Devolver Public Access: The Messenger-Sneak Peek" video depicts beta inventory icons for the Scroll and the Climbing Claws.
- Ninja's Climbing Claws were crafted by The Iron Hood.
- During The Iron Hood's introduction, he makes a reference that pokes fun at how the player may sometimes unintentionally activate the Climbing Claws at unfavorable gameplay moments.
- Iron Hood: Haha! You didn't think The Shopkeeper was the one who made the Climbing Claws, now, did you?
- Ninja: ...
- Iron Hood: Which, by the way, how are they working out for you?
- Ninja: Well, sometimes they make me cling to the wall when I would rather keep on falling, but other than that I guess they're fine.
- Iron Hood: I see. Maybe using spider hair wasn't such a good idea after all! Haha!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Items in The Messenger|
|Items||Scroll • Climbing Claws • Energy Shuriken • Windmill Shuriken • Wingsuit • Rope Dart • Lightfoot Tabi • Astral Seed • Astral Tea Leaves • Ordinary Wax Candle • Magic Seashell • Power Thistle • Demon Crown • Ruxxtin's Amulet • Magic Firefly • Sun and Moon Crests|
|Abilities||Cloudstep • Shop Upgrades|
|Collectibles||Power Seals • Voodoo Feathers • Voodoo Mask Pieces|
|Music Notes||Key of Chaos • Key of Hope • Key of Courage • Key of Love • Key of Symbiosis • Key of Strength|
|Phobekins||Acro • Necro • Claustro • Pyro|
|Miscellaneous||Time Shards • Money Wrench|