The west side of Bamboo Creek is accessed from the Catacombs, and the east side leads to Howling Grotto. The northwestern section of Bamboo Creek borders with Forlorn Temple, but it is only possible to traverse from Forlorn Temple to Bamboo Creek and not the other way around due to a gate.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Items
- 3 Power Seals
- 4 The Shopkeeper's Dialogue
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Achievements
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Interactive Locations Map
- 9 References
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Bamboo Creek is filled with green bamboo trees growing out of light brown dirt. There are light blue rivers and waterfalls. Close to the ground, the background is filled with long stalks of bamboo, but as Ninja climbs higher into the sky, it reveals a light blue sky with white clouds.
Items[edit | edit source]
8-Bit[edit | edit source]
- After Ninja gains the power to freely time travel, he can Wingsuit across the large waterfall room near the end of the level to reach a platforming segment that leads to Claustro the Phobekin.
Power Seals[edit | edit source]
- For the main article, see Power Seals.
Linear[edit | edit source]
Power Seal #1[edit | edit source]
At the bottom of a long vertical room is a death gap that is crossed by a moving platform with a switch. At the other side of the gap is a breakable block. Cross the gap and break the block to reach the Power Seal room. Hit switches to lift up walls and avoid moving spike platforms to reach the Power Seal.
Final[edit | edit source]
Power Seal #2[edit | edit source]
In 16-bit, in the first room with a shop, head left of the shop to reach the Power Seal room. Hit switches to lift up walls, and avoid moving spike platforms to reach the Power Seal.
Power Seal #3[edit | edit source]
In 16-bit, in the first room with an enormous elevator, hit the elevator's switch a few times to lift it upwards. Drop below the elevator and into the Power Seal room that has a checkpoint. Hit the switch to lift up a wall and Cloudstep off of pulley lanterns while avoiding spikes and swinging spikeballs to reach the Power Seal.
The Shopkeeper's Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Current area[edit | edit source]
About Time Shards[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- For the main article, see The Shopkeeper's Stories.
Level boss[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The "Devolver Public Access: The Messenger-Sneak Peek" video depicts an alternative final screen for Bamboo Creek, which heavily resembled Howling Grotto.
- Bamboo Creek lyrics were written by the game's music composer, Rainbowdragoneyes. Game programmer, Sylvain Cloutier, shared the first stance of the lyrics in the official The Messenger Discord server, and some time later, Rainbowdragoneyes dropped off the second stanza.
I like Chinese food
Chinese food is good for you
I like to eat Chinese food
And Chinese food is yummy too
If you like me too
You will bring me Chinese food
Because it is so yummy did I mention I like Chinese food
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- For the main article, see Achievements.
|Deposit At The River Bank|
Jump down the big waterfall in Bamboo Creek
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
8-Bit Rooms[edit | edit source]
Interactive Locations Map[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Locations in The Messenger|
|Messenger Island||Ninja Village • Autumn Hills • Forlorn Temple • Catacombs • Bamboo Creek • Howling Grotto • Quillshroom Marsh • Searing Crags • Glacial Peak • Tower of Time • Cloud Ruins • Underworld • Dark Cave • Rivière Turquoise • Sunken Shrine • Elemental Skylands • Corrupted Future • Music Box|
|Voodkin Island||Open Sea • Voodkin Shore • Fire Mountain • Voodoo Heart|
|Miscellaneous Locations||The Shop • Tower of Time HQ • The Craftsman's Corner • The Void|