|Attention, Messager! Il semblerait qu'une partie de l'information ci-dessous provient d'une . Elle manquera peut-être de clarté pour toi jusqu'à ce qu'elle soit finalement traduite.|
|Attention! Cette page est remplie de spoilers! Je suppose que tu ne devrais pas la lire avant d'avoir finalement fait le petit numéro!|
Thierry Boulanger, le développeur principal et l'auteur de The Messenger, partage parfois des informations sur le jeu dans le serveur officiel sur Discord. Voici une compilation de ces révélations importantes qui ne sont pas mentionnées explicitement dans le jeu en lui-même. Puisque les conversations en tant que telles proviennent du serveur en anglais, seules les conclusions sont traduites.
- 1 19 octobre 2018 (#1)
- 2 19 octobre 2018 (#2)
- 3 20-21 octobre 2018
- 4 23 octobre 2018 (#1)
- 5 23 octobre 2018 (#2)
- 6 27 octobre 2018
- 7 29 octobre 2018
- 8 30 octobre 2018 (#1)
- 9 30 octobre 2018 (#2)
- 10 30 octobre 2018 (#3)
- 11 30 octobre 2018 (#4)
- 12 31 octobre 2018 (#1)
- 13 31 octobre 2018 (#2)
- 14 31 octobre 2018 (#3)
- 15 9 novembre 2018 (#1)
- 16 9 novembre 2018 (#2)
- 17 11 novembre 2018
- 18 16 novembre 2018
- 19 November 18, 2018
- 20 November 22, 2018 (#1)
- 21 November 22, 2018 (#2)
- 22 November 22, 2018 (#3)
- 23 November 22, 2018 (#4)
- 24 November 23, 2018
- 25 November 28, 2018 (#1)
- 26 November 28, 2018 (#2)
- 27 December 8, 2018
- 28 December 11, 2018
- 29 December 13, 2018
- 30 January 8, 2019
- 31 January 8, 2019 / January 10, 2019
- 32 January 16, 2019
- 33 January 19, 2019
- 34 January 24, 2019
- 35 January 25, 2019
- 36 January 26, 2019
- 37 February 4, 2019
- 38 February 5, 2019 (#1)
- 39 February 5, 2019 (#2)
- 40 February 7, 2019 (The Archivist)
- 41 February 7-8, 2019
- 42 February 12, 2019 (#1)
- 43 February 13, 2019 (#2)
- 44 February 18, 2019
- 45 February 23, 2019
- 46 March 19, 2019
- 47 March 22, 2019 (#1)
- 48 March 22, 2019 (#2)
- 49 March 26, 2019
- 50 March 29, 2019
- 51 April 2, 2019
- 52 April 7, 2019
- 53 April 20-21, 2019
- 54 April 29, 2019 (#1)
- 55 April 29, 2019 (#2)
19 octobre 2018 (#1)
- L'équipement de Ruxxtin appartenait à un nécromancien précédent.
19 octobre 2018 (#2)
- Le Golem d'Émeraude et la Grotte de Hurlevent ont tous les deux une histoire plus profonde que ce que le jeu laisse entrevoir.
20-21 octobre 2018
- Les Robes Bleues sont des Messagers à la retraite, les membres de cet ordre ne peuvent donc plus porter le titre "Messager". Il n'y a toujours qu'un seul Messager à la fois.
- Les Messagers n'ont pas toujours eu de démons cupides à leurs côtés. À un certain moment dans le temps, les démons cupides ont trahi les démons et fait équipe avec l'ordre des Robes Bleues. Avant cela, les Messagers mourraient carrément.
- Le Boutiquier a paniqué quand il a appris que Soldat est mort, puisque le Futur Corrompu était une menace imminente et qu'il n'y avait plus beaucoup de membres des Robes Bleues. Ils étaient alors dans un point de leur guerre intemporelle où un démon très puissant était sur le point d'entrer dans la Tour du Temps.
- Au fil du temps, les Messagers ont construit des cadres autour des failles temporelles pour aider les Messagers suivants.
23 octobre 2018 (#1)
|Soleil||Shopkeeper: Legend also says that the monk still roams the marsh to this day, turning any trespassers into fungi.|
|Soleil||And like we see in the background, the place is filled withan enormous number of sad-looking mushrooms that sometimes sing with the music.|
|Soleil||But, I think it might be safe to assume that literally every mushroom was once an actual living human at some point, right?|
- Tous les champignons avec un visage dans le Marais des Champiquants ont déjà été des êtres humains.
23 octobre 2018 (#2)
- La Tour du Temps connais tous les événements passés, présents et futurs.
- Les corps qui jonchent le sol de la Tour du Temps sont les corps réels des Messagers qui ont échoué le défi de la Tour du Temps.
- À cause de la nature complexe du voyage dans le temps et des univers parallèles, le Messager qui brisera la malédiction n'est pas nécessairement le dernier Messager et tout pourrait hypothétiquement relever d'un événement très important qui arriverait à un Messager futur.
- Le QG de la Tour du Temps change en fonction du Messager qui s'y trouve.
- Selon la perspective de la boutique, des Messagers de diverses périodes visitent le QG de la Tour du Temps à leur propre rythme, sans ordre particulier.
27 octobre 2018
- Il y a des portions de dialogue inutilisées dans le script (BARMATHAZEL_GAUNTLET_INTRO). Ninja serait retourné dans la salle finale du Bas-Monde Infernal en 8-bit et aurait eu une conversation avec Barma'thazël. Dans cette conversation, Barma'thazël mentionne qu'il peut utiliser le don de voyance. Cette section coupée du jeu faisait partie, à l'origine, des étapes pour obtenir la Clef du Chaos.
- La source de la magie du Parchemin est la magie démoniaque.
29 octobre 2018
|strizer86||I always thought the potions looked like those Kong toys you'd buy for dogs with 1 less... I dunno "bump" to them|
|Thierry||It's based on old sake bottles|
- Les potions de vie sont basées sur les bouteilles de saké anciennes.
30 octobre 2018 (#1)
|Soleil||There was a cavewoman in the scene where they were displaying all of the Messengers.|
|Soleil||Which makes me wonder if the western village just eventually had all of the types of different Messengers over time, or if they pulled someone back from the flood.|
|Soleil||But I think it's unlikely a pre-flood cavewoman.|
|Clappj||I think the flood set humanity back thousands of years|
|Clappj||the way it's set, I think the flood happens around our timeframe|
|Clappj||with the ice caps melting and whatnot|
|Clappj||that could also explain where the clockwork concierge comes from|
|Soleil||But nobody looked like cavepeople during any of the cutscenes after the flood.|
|Clappj||and why he has an extinguisher|
|Soleil||The Western Village has had cavemen, monks, vikings, ninjas, and robots.|
|Soleil||And normal-ish people in the cutscene.|
|Clappj||say humanity gets almost wiped out|
|Clappj||there's a good chance that the people left don't have many survival skills|
|Clappj||like, if you were forced on an island with say.... 40 other people, you wouldn't be making houses and using electricity yet|
|Clappj||you would go back to the stone age|
|Clappj||and slowly make your way back up|
- L’inondation et l'attaque des démons sur le Temple de la Mélancolie ont toutes les deux fait reculer l'humanité de plusieurs générations sur le plan technologique.
30 octobre 2018 (#2)
|Clappj||let's take a step back|
|Clappj||why do they not go past the first messenger|
|Soleil||(Unless they have.)|
|Clappj||Why would they not go past the first messenger and if they have, what for?|
|Soleil||"Timeless battle" but not anywhere before the scroll's creation?|
|Soleil||So it's timeless but with a rule?|
- Il est possible que les Messagers ne peuvent pas voyager vers une période précédant la création du Parchemin.
30 octobre 2018 (#3)
|Clappj||the story ends with the messengers in the tower of time|
|Clappj||which is outside of time completely|
- Le Masque est détruit à l'intérieur du Grand Néant, ce qui est important.
30 octobre 2018 (#4)
- Les Dieux Gardiens et les Géants célestes sont deux groupes différents.
- Il ne devrait pas y avoir de cadres autour des points de passage dans les Cieux Élémentaires et la Boîte à Musique. À l'origine, Ninja devait installer ces cadres lui-même, mais cela n'est pas dans la version finale du jeu.
- La Tour du Temps essaye de résoudre le "combat hors du temps", bougeant les lignes du temps un peu comme un cube Rubik.
31 octobre 2018 (#1)
- Le Iron Hood était possiblement Messager dans un cycle précédant Ninja.
31 octobre 2018 (#2)
- Chaque Messager voit sa propre version du QG de la Tour du Temps, ils n’interagissent donc pas vraiment ensemble.
31 octobre 2018 (#3)
|Soleil||It seems like Shopkeeper still has to hang out in the Tower of Time assisting random messengers even though from his point of view the curse was already defeated.|
- Le Boutiquier a réellement vécu la fin de la malédiction, même si on le voit aidant Cowboy après les crédits.
9 novembre 2018 (#1)
- Quelques uns des démons rencontrés dans le jeu sont des Kappa.
9 novembre 2018 (#2)
|Soleil||You wrote the entire English script, and Devolver handled all of the other translations. But did you have any input on the French scripts? Or did Devolver handle that too?|
|Thierry||The French text were handled by their translators as well, as we needed "international french" for Europe and Québécois is a niche thing|
|Thierry||We did do that one though!|
|Soleil||Ah, you did the Quebec French script too?|
|Soleil||Which one did you write first?|
|Thierry||It's also the canon one for what it's worth|
|Soleil||Were there any jokes that you had to alter so they made sense in French?|
|Thierry||Qc Quarble is a whole new thing|
|Thierry||Le Shopkeeper is just for the meme of adding "le" from english to make something sound french|
|Thierry||But yeah, The Shopkeeper...|
|Thierry||Again, English is canon! Especially since it's easier in that language to write around stuff|
|Thierry||Like not being too specific|
- La version anglaise du script est canon.
11 novembre 2018
- La version anglaise du script est canon. Cet élément est important et lié au Boutiquier d'une certaine façon.
16 novembre 2018
|Thierry||it's very subtle, but Ninja is holding his sword backwards in 16bit|
|Soleil||Ah, I see. *don't know anything about swords*|
|Thierry||like handle is down at his hip|
|Thierry||à la Garen Malek|
|DreamHazard||fun fact: I'm not the only person who wondered where Ninja kept his scuba gear|
|DreamHazard||before realising that was the scroll on his back|
|Soleil||I thought it was scuba gear too...|
|Thierry||This was the ref!|
|Soleil||Oh!! Very neat.|
|Soleil||It does look like he's swinging it like that.|
|Thierry||the most obvious one is the idle standing attack, if you let it play fully instead of moving again he clearly holsters it from the bottom|
|Thierry||that's one thing we wished had come through more clearly|
|Thierry||because it's such a cool visual upgrade in theory|
|Soleil||So he's right-handed?|
|DreamHazard||I learned some defensive techniques from that starting position, there's a really confusing counter you can do by sidestepping and flicking the blade up into your opponent's sword|
|Thierry||depends which side you're scrolling, but from the back shot, yes|
|Soleil||Thank you very much!|
|Thierry||also the running and standing animation, notice the hand is always on the handle, so up to his shoulder in 8bit and down to his hip in 16bit|
|Thierry||ready to strike|
|Soleil||Yeah, that makes way more sense now.|
|Soleil||I'm just sort of sitting here next to a time portal, going back and forth to see what it looks like.|
|Soleil||The live-action short doesn't flip the sword holster.|
|Thierry||We weren't on the set, so little subtleties are off|
|Thierry||Stoked on it though!|
|Kammesennin||Is that voice canon? Cuz I really imagined his voice being quite different.|
|Thierry||The voice couldn't be less canon|
- Ninja est droitier quand il est tourné vers la droite.
- Ninja dégaine différemment en 8-bit et en16-bit. Sa main est toujours positionnée à la poignée de l'épée, qui est dans le haut en 8-bit et dans le bas en 16-bit.
- Même si le Boutiquier a une voix très grave dans le vidéo "Shinobi No Kikan," cette voix n'est pas canon.
November 18, 2018
|Thierry||Guardian Gods, huh?|
|Thierry||Where do you think they sit on the timeline compared to the giants, or the flood?|
|Thierry||And for The Shopkeeper, english is canon|
- The English version of the script is very canon and related to The Shopkeeper.
November 22, 2018 (#1)
|Soleil||So you're saying all the dudes at the Tower of Time are The Shopkeeper?|
|Gooberbarbarian||I like the idea that some or all of the blue robes are the same person.|
|Spiderbenb||The current Shopkeeper is The First Messenger and all of the Messengers after that are different variations of The Shopkeeper himself.|
|Spiderbenb||Due to...Time ****ery.|
|Gooberbarbarian||But then why does the shopkeeper need to tech himself how to do stuff|
|Kammesennin||There's so much ****ery that whatever is going on is going to be impossible for us to guess at before the 8th.|
|Thierry||@Spiderbenb very cool but no|
- The Shopkeeper is not every member of the Blue Robes.
November 22, 2018 (#2)
|Thierry||A lot of things connect to it I guess|
|Thierry||It's a the end of time, where all messengers meet|
|Thierry||They built frames around the rifts leading to it, so that future messengers could enter it more easily|
|Thierry||that's where the Tower of Time is|
- Reiterating that The Void is at the end of time, where all Messengers meet. The Tower of Time is also there.
- Thierry at the time was questioned about the appearance of a new Discord channel, called #the-void. Thierry acted as if he was not aware of the new channel.
November 22, 2018 (#3)
- The Corrupted Future can still exist even though it was prevented by Ninja since it's a branch.
- There is a way to make a happy ending for everyone.
- SaboTeam can only access a small portion of the archives.
November 22, 2018 (#4)
- SaboTeam doesn't know anything about #the-void channel shenanigans.
November 23, 2018
|Kammesennin||Colos and Suses are said to be brothers. When the ninja grows the thistle and harvests it in the future he says something along the lines of "Now to go save two dumb brothers from waiting around until they die."|
|Soleil||Oh right, I forgot about that.|
|Soleil||How does Ninja know they're brothers?|
|Kammesennin||That I don't have a quote for... I should swap to English one of these days lol.|
|Soleil||"Time to prevent two dumb brothers from waiting to death."|
|Kammesennin||That's the one|
|NʀɢSpoon||Does the ninja actually say that about the brothers? I seem to remember it being in a generic narration box.|
- Generic narration boxes are not Ninja's own thoughts.
November 28, 2018 (#1)
|Gooberbarbarian||Wait, Barma'thazel has one eye because he other is covered by an eye patch!|
|Gooberbarbarian||Didn't the prophecy say something about a monster with one eye?|
- The "one-eyed menace" from the scrying orb vision refers to Barma'thazël.
November 28, 2018 (#2)
|Thierry||I think Bamboo Creek deserves a bit of mulling over|
|Spiderbenb||Well there must be a reason why Bamboo Creek doesn't have a boss right? Not because it's a "free level"|
|Soleil||There do happen to be Phobekins in Bamboo Creek and Cloud Ruins.|
|Soleil||There's like, a lot of building structures in Bamboo Creek?|
|nothingisa||I think there's no boss just to play with expectations, pretty funny if you talk to the shop guy|
|Soleil||Did Phobekins live there and build that?|
|Soleil||Was that their first home?|
|Spiderbenb||Well wasn't there a bunch of buildings next to Forlorn temple in that one cutscene though?|
|Soleil||They are very good at building things, and it's very like mechanically sound?|
|Soleil||Humans built Forlorn Temple but|
|Soleil||Maybe not the stuff at Bamboo Creek.|
- The structures in Bamboo Creek were built by a non-human race.
December 8, 2018
|Thierry||The Archivist recruited SaboTeam, we tell the stories he asks us to tell, but we don't know his endgame (or origin)|
- The Archivist recruited SaboTeam to tell people specific stories.
- The Archivist works mysteriously.
December 11, 2018
|Thierry||Barma'thazel emojis are up!! 20px|
|Thierry||Also The Archivist asked for these two, but we don't know why...|
|Clappj||Wait... the archivist? Why would they want barma'thazel emotes???|
|Thierry||No, the other two|
- The Archivist is mysterious.
December 13, 2018
|Thierry||@Gooberbarbarian canonical Ninja height is two tiles|
|heather||wow hes as tall as minecraft steve|
|Kammesennin||I love that height description.|
|rchirino||how big are tiles in The Messenger? 8, 16 px?|
|rchirino||and 1 px = ? cm|
|rchirino||then we get his canonical height|
|Thierry||do it @SaboMiko|
|Thierry||on real life unit equivalents though we don't really have that|
|heather||and in real life hed be the height of 2 wall tiles as well|
|SaboMiko||They are 20px*20px|
|Thierry||Kamme gets it|
- Ninja is 2 tiles tall.
January 8, 2019
|Shadow Rizer||Have the developers commented on whether or not the western hero is the shopkeeper?|
|Thierry||That's not for us to spoil!|
|Thierry||The Archivist offered to share insight on the shopkeeper's true identity but the community voted to summon Rainbowdragoneyes into Discord instead|
|Vascos||100% worth it|
- The community chose to summon Rainbowdragoneyes instead of learning an important hint related to The Shopkeeper's identity.
January 8, 2019 / January 10, 2019
|Thierry||I can assure you that The Archivist picks every single word carefully, and that there is no trickery|
|Thierry||The Archivist will remain cryptic, but he never lies or tricks|
|Thierry||He's like even more canon than English|
- The Archivist is not trying to trick the community.
January 16, 2019
- It's not clear if Monk was the most skilled Messenger (the one who obtained the Key of Adventure and Key of Revenge), but she was definitely the strongest Messenger.
- Humans couldn't use magic until the scroll came along.
- You shouldn't see Time Shards unless you carry the scroll or are in The Void. There's a glitch in the intro of the game with Ninja Village where the two Ranged Kappa can drop Time Shards before you get the scroll, but this shouldn't be a thing.
- Carrying the scroll makes you aware and responsive to time magic because Phantom distilled a branch of demon magic into the scroll and made it much more potent.
- All demons have some magic, but nothing specialized in time magic. Demons can't see Time Shards or time rifts. They need the scroll in order to be able to use time magic and in order to enter The Void.
- Demons want the scroll and want to invade The Void.
- The timeline perspective from the Tower of Time is different from Ninja's perspective of his own timeline. It's totally possible that The Shopkeeper met Ninja at Glacial Peak before ever meeting Ninja in the shop in the Catacombs.
- Something major happened to the Blue Robes which almost eradicated the order and forced them to escape The Void until the next Messenger could summon the Tower. (Hypothetically.)
January 19, 2019
|Empathy Module||when the ocean is lower than hell|
|Kammesennin||Never thought about that|
|Spiderbenb||The Searing Crags used to be an active Volcano, but when the flood happened it "calmed" the volcano and made it dormant, but the demons reside there because it's similar to their version of hell. Like.. a temporary vacation home.|
|Thierry||Yo @Spiderbenb that is correct|
|Thierry||The volcano part|
- The flood turned Searing Crags from an active volcano into a dormant volcano.
January 24, 2019
|VeggieDelphine||Mais j’y pense ... anglais est le seul texte écrit par Thierry? Le reste est la job de traducteurs??|
|Thierry||Anglais et Québécois|
|Thierry||Mais Anglais est canon|
- Even though Thierry wrote both the English and Québécois scripts, the English version of the script is canon.
January 25, 2019
|JAKK||And it could very well be that select few (like Baramzathael)|
|JAKK||Are in on this secret group|
|JAKK||No other demon, other than him, up and disappears like he does|
|Thierry||There's something to be said about Barma'thazël's speed that's for sure|
|Thierry||Everyone has a their own unique power derived from a very basic attribute|
|Thierry||Ninja has agility, Monk has strength|
|Thierry||Barmy has speed|
|Thierry||They respectively lead to cloudstepping, something I won't spoil, and phase shifting|
|Thierry||Point being, dude is fast|
- Barma'thazël vanishes before he's killed in the Underworld.
- Ninja's agility, Monk's strength, and Barma'thazël's speed respectively lead to Cloudstepping, a spoiler-related ability, and phase-shifting.
- Barma'thazël is really fast.
January 26, 2019
- The Messenger is just one book in an overall larger universe that The Archivist wants SaboTeam to tell people.
- The Archivist wants to recruit enough Messengers to solve the big issue.
- "Barma'thazël's Revenge", which starts off with "Picnic Panic," is a trilogy of self-contained sidequests that occur after Ninja's mandatory story. The other two sidequests after Picnic Panic may or may not be told. It's optional stuff that definitely adds to the world-building, but it's not necessary for the larger picture.
February 4, 2019
|Spiderbenb||So, as i stated earlier. I believe that The Alchemist/Archivist was the catalyst that brought The Demons to the World. Using a scrying orb he saw that the world would be plunged into eternal hell every 500 years. In seeing this vision he travelled back as far as he could from before The Demons arrived and attempted to seal off the world from them, however as he tried, he instead ended up causing more harm than good. Not knowing how demon Magic worked he was the one who opened the portal and let the Demons into the world. and as stated by The Archivist himself: "The one who, in an attempt to solve it all, ended up causing it all."|
|Spiderbenb||So, all Theories are proven correct until Thierry or the SaboTeam says otherwise? Gotcha.|
|Dime||No, that's the Artificer|
|Spiderbenb||is a close relative of 20px|
|Kammesennin||20px is 20px|
|Thierry||Omg I wish everyone was|
|Thierry||Also, no @Spiderbenb|
|Thierry||But interesting read once again|
- Pitou is not every character.
- The Archivist was not the catalyst who brought forth the demon army.
February 5, 2019 (#1)
- The Archivist is Thierry's boss. Thierry is only allowed to reveal information that The Archivist wants him to, otherwise The Archivist gets angry.
- The Iron Hood is not The Artificer.
- There is something special about the Tower of Time statues.
- The Archivist wants to recruit enough Messengers to solve the big issue, so he's slowing ramping up a group of people.
February 5, 2019 (#2)
- Picnic Panic won't be lore-intensive, but it will still be a fun little self-contained side adventure with Ninja shenanigans.
February 7, 2019 (The Archivist)
Note: This isn't a Thierry Lore Tidbit, but The Archivist hopped out of #the-void channel to add an important react emote to a message in a different channel.
- Although The Archivist wanted players to observe Ninja's story first, there is another character in The Messenger that has important value and should be focused on.
- As The Archivist has never stepped out of #the-void channel other than for this single instance, this react means that it's an extremely important statement.
February 7-8, 2019
- There is only 1 scroll.
- Time portals don't show up until after you defeat Barma'thazël because The Shopkeeper did something to the scroll to make Ninja more attuned to it.
- There is 1 Void and many alternate timelines.
- Paradoxes don't cause a space-time collapse but can mess with the paradox beholder's mind. For example, becoming your own shopkeeper. That why the Order of the Blue Robes wear blue robes.
- The Shopkeeper is not Ninja.
- The Tower of Time is like a time machine. Ninja enters the Tower of Time at every checkpoint.
- The Tower of Time appears briefly to grab Ninja and fly him to where (when) he is needed.
- The Tower of Time goes to the scroll.
- The Void materialized as a way to balance the existence of all these alternate timelines. It acts like an anti-infinity so that the balance is kept.
- If something comes from The Void or enters The Void, it becomes canon across all timelines. It becomes a single instance of itself.
- The Corrupted Future was almost named the "Corrupted Void." It is the only area in the game without 8-bit/16-bit transitions because it's stuck in 8-bit and the 16-bit version is what Ninja has to prevent.
- Every time there is a fork in time, both happen and become their own timeline. Carrying the scroll lets you create your own linear timeline.
- Just as Ninja visited the Corrupted Future to have scope on why he had to win, The Archivist shows the player Ninja's world, to give the player scope on the future The Archivist wants to be prevented.
February 12, 2019 (#1)
|Gooberbarbarian||BTW would he be known as the archivist or the alchemist to the blue robes? I'm not sure if he became the archivist after getting lost in the archives or wherever he is.|
|Gooberbarbarian||Also, maybe instead of saying "main portal room" you could say portal nexus or portal hub|
|Gooberbarbarian||Other than that, keep up the amazing work 20px|
|Thierry||He would be known as The Archivist|
- The Blue Robes know The Archivist as "The Archivist" rather than his previous moniker, "The Alchemist."
February 13, 2019 (#2)
|Soleil||You know, the 4 statues we see, The Bowman, Phantom, Monk, Iron Hood. Only 3 of them seemed relevant game-wise to Ninja's journey. But The Iron Hood was actually important too if he made Ninja's Wingsuit and potentially Climbing Claws.|
|Soleil||So maybe the tower showcases important figures specifically for that Messenger.|
- The Tower of Time showcases important figures specifically for that Messenger.
February 18, 2019
- Reiterating that Picnic Panic will not be lore-intensive.
February 23, 2019
- Picnic Panic takes place in an alternate timeline, and the Ruxxtin in the Picnic Panic trailer is also an alternate version of Ruxxtin.
- Ninja's original timeline and the alternate timeline are almost identical. Ninja and Barma'thazël traverse from the original timeline to the alternate timeline, though, so Ninja and Barma'thazël aren't alternates.
- Ruxxtin's lab has a green crystal ball, confirmed to be a scrying orb.
March 19, 2019
|OHSHIET||Is The Primal Fear he or it?|
|Thierry||I don't really know|
|Thierry||It's probably in Monk's book somewhere, but I don't have it|
|OHSHIET||So it does exist|
|OHSHIET||Probably not such of a tidbit|
|Thierry||Well she didn't curse herself|
|Clappj||Do any of those books talk about greed demons|
|OHSHIET||moving to the next question...|
|Clappj||the way they work is kind of a mystery right now|
|OHSHIET||I imagine The Archivist sitting at his office and thinking about THE LOOOOREEE|
|Thierry||Probably @Clappj. I've only been to The Archives once and really didn't know what I was getting into so I didn't look around much.|
|Thierry||Not like I understood those runes anyway at that time|
|Thierry||Then we received clear instructions and Ninja's book|
|Thierry||To this day it's still all we have|
|Vascos||@Thierry I think it's pretty common not to ask for release dates for indie titles|
|Vascos||Because even if you get a release date it's usually not met|
|Clappj||Hmm, well you seem to know the archivist a lot better than most of us. Do you think he might revisit his library and share some more books with us when the time comes?|
|Thierry||Alright, let's be common then|
|Thierry||I'll check with @SaboMiko I know he went an additional time to review the alphabet but I know for sure he didn't get more lore tidbits|
|Thierry||The only thing we know for sure is that The Archivist has already selected the second book he wants us to tell the story of|
|Thierry||But we have no clue as to what it is|
|OHSHIET||Archivist could do like some sort of interesting stuff, so people and Ninjas would really communicate to decipher his codes|
|Kammesennin||He tried some interesting stuff, but we kept voting wrong 20px|
|Thierry||I don't know that you voted wrong, I think The Archivist meant to genuinely go with what's interesting to most|
|Thierry||but yeah, seems like he passed the torch to the concierge for now..|
- SaboTeam only have clear instructions from The Archivist and Ninja's book. They don't have any other books from The Archives.
- The Archivist has selected the 2nd book he wants SaboTeam to tell a story of, but SaboTeam doesn't know what it is yet.
- The Archivist has been temporarily replaced with the Clockwork Concierge for ARG-related activities.
March 22, 2019 (#1)
- The Archivist and the Clockwork Concierge are the only characters that existed before the flood.
- SaboTeam might be held hostage by The Archivist. This is why SaboTeam is forced to delete Clockwork Concierge's spoiler-related posts about unreleased story content.
March 22, 2019 (#2)
|Spiderbenb||Kamme wants a note to be made.|
|Spiderbenb||Shopkeeper explicitly says "We gave you a scroll." in reference to Shopkeeper flipping out over Ninja not having a map.|
|Spiderbenb||"We" is what caught his attention given it was just Bowman that gave him The Scroll.|
|Thierry||That is correct|
|Thierry||The order is waging and strategizing in this timeless war|
|Thierry||They plan what happens to the best of their ability|
|Thierry||So, the shot was called for Bowman to take the scroll asap to the ninja village|
|OHSHIET||Oho is that a lore Tidbit|
|Thierry||That's what the "we" means|
|Kyleberry||Like when Soldier died..|
|Clappj||Hmm, so the order just kind of recruits messengers that seem to be valuable warriors?|
|OHSHIET||Thierry another lore tidbit when|
|Clappj||Like... they go and cherry pick them|
|Thierry||Well, Bowman was late right?|
|Thierry||If the scroll takes you to a dimension or time period you don't belong to|
|Kyleberry||Seems like Ninja was late too|
|Spiderbenb||I just assumed he grabbed a coffee and was running late.|
|Thierry||Only it gets to stay there|
|Thierry||The moment you give it up you disappear no?|
|Thierry||Happened to bowman|
|Thierry||Happened to ninja|
|Clappj||Ohh... The scroll decides, not the tower?|
|Thierry||So the ideal scenario for bowman would have been "hey, there IS time to explain, sit down"|
|Thierry||But alas, there was no time to explain|
|OHSHIET||Hmmm. The Shopkeeper did have time to explain, no?|
|OHSHIET||If you know what I mean|
|OHSHIET||20px 20px 20px|
|Soleil||And that left poor Ninja giving the worst possible explanation to Soldier.|
|Zeo||The shopkeeper may not have thought Ninja was worth the explanation?|
|Zeo||Just like with the Scrying orb.|
|Zeo||I still feel Ninja coming the whole way without having read the map, somehow has something to do with him being 'The Chosen One' ironically his own obliviousness that the Shopkeeper ridicules him for, is what made him the perfect fit?|
|Thierry||You can also consider it from the shopkeeper's perspective, how many messengers has it been?|
|Thierry||And at which point do you have to stop caring in order to survive emotionally|
|Thierry||Like an army general who won't bother remembering a rookie's name, you gotta survive a few battles before they care, they just lose too many|
- The Blue Robes sent The Bowman to deliver the scroll to Ninja Village as quickly as possible. When The Shopkeeper mentions, "We gave you a scroll," to Ninja, The Shopkeeper uses "we" to refer to the collective group of the Order of the Blue Robes.
- The Bowman arrived late to Ninja Village. Ideally, The Bowman was supposed to give Ninja a proper explanation, but he had no time.
- If the scroll takes its carrier to a dimension or time period that the carrier doesn't belong to, only the scroll gets to stay there. The moment the carrier gives up the scroll, the carrier disappears. This scenario happened to both The Bowman and to Ninja.
- The Shopkeeper acts detached since so many people have died during the timeless war, and it's too emotionally taxing to care about each new person unless they've survived for a good while.
March 26, 2019
|Spiderbenb||But we all know that Sabomart = The Archivist|
|Spiderbenb||(I'm not giving up on this one.)|
|Thierry||Can confirm this one's a no|
- SaboMart is not The Archivist.
March 29, 2019
|OHSHIET||Is there any connection between Artif and Monk?|
|OHSHIET||Like maybe they don't know each other|
|Thierry||Artificer has some connection to Monk|
|Thierry||Artificer is also not (and has never been) a human|
- The Artificer has some connection to Monk.
- The Artificer is not, and has never been, a human.
April 2, 2019
|Babushka||My first concern was about the ending scene with Cowboy and Shopkeeper. I was thinking, why is he carrying the scroll if we lifted the curse and stuff?|
|Babushka||But the answer is under Cowboys wiki page|
|Babushka||Hmm kinda. Now I'm thinking: what is Cowboys goal?|
|Babushka||Is Cowboy having similar goal to Ninja's?|
|Babushka||How destroying the music box affects Cowboy's story? Could he be from a timeline before Ninja's?|
|Babushka||But if there can be hundreds of timelines, there is only one void (right?) and whatever happens with void has an effect in every timeline (yes,no?)|
|Thierry||Yo Babushka I'm pretty sure Cowboy is told about the Mask's curse and how it was broken|
|Thierry||It doesn't mean the scroll gets destroyed, or that there can't be carriers of it anymore to put its power to use for other reasons|
- The scroll is not destroyed after the events of The Messenger.
- Even though the Mask's curse is broken, there can still be carriers who use the scroll's power for other reasons.
April 7, 2019
|Thierry||The Shopkeeper sees adventurers one at a time|
- The Shopkeeper sees adventurers one at a time.
April 20-21, 2019
|Gamma Fithteen||So how come in Rivière Turquoise when you time travel it goes from sad to happy?|
|Gamma Fithteen||I know there was a messenger who fixes it and I know it's implied to be Monk but she was evil at that time so who fixed everything?|
|Gamma Fithteen||(I also know the shopkeeper admits to it being a plothole but I want answer ;n;)|
|Kammesennin||Monk wasn't evil when she fixed everything.|
|Gamma Fithteen||but in the past she is evil and you don't take the evil out of her until right after that stage or sometime after|
|Gamma Fithteen||Ah I see|
|Gamma Fithteen||I'm still trying to wrap my head around it|
|Thierry||Hey! This may or may not be explored later. Simply put, she did "plant the seed" that would heal Rivière Turquoise, but that process took a long time and didn't require anything more from her.|
- Monk "planted the seed" by driving out the demons and bringing Butterfly Matriarch to Rivière Turquoise, but the grove's restoration did not require Monk's presence afterwards.
April 29, 2019 (#1)
|Thierry||The denizens of the tower all wear blue robes|
|Thierry||The reason for that is related to why ToT is configured depending on who it appears for|
|Thierry||So the tower (gauntlet form, not HQ later)|
|Thierry||Has two purposes|
|Thierry||First to push a Messenger to the limit and kill them if they're not the one so that the scroll isn't lost to the demons later (please excuse Quarble here for gameplay reasons, canon ToT would be no Quarble + permadeath)|
|Thierry||And second to prevent the integrity of their minds in the event that they are the one|
|Thierry||(mind and or sanity not sure which is the best english word here)|
|Thierry||The Void is kind of big thing to fathom and take in, so providing a frame and familliarity helps Messengers make it through relatively undisturbed|
- The Tower of Time challenge pushes a Messenger to their limit and kills them if they are unworthy, to prevent the scroll being lost to the demons later.
- The canon Tower of Time runthrough would involve no Quarble + permadeath. Quarble's presence in the Tower of Time for gameplay purposes should be disregarded.
- The Tower of Time protects the sanity of worthy Messengers as they travel through the Tower. It provides a frame and familiarity that helps Messengers make it through the challenge relatively undisturbed.
April 29, 2019 (#2)
|Thierry||As revealed recently, Ninja did not fight the actual Demon King|
|Thierry||Barma'thazel did activate plan B after seeing how capable he was, though|
|Soleil||So if the Demon King is actually locked up in Clockwork Castle.|
|Soleil||And the Demon King in Forlorn Template is a weak copy.|
|Soleil||Then is the Demon King during the assaults on Ninja Village and Soldier Village also the copy?|
- As recently revealed by the Clockwork Concierge in the official Discord, Ninja did not fight the actual Demon King, and the remnants of the true Demon King are locked up in Clockwork Castle.
- The Demon King copy fought in Forlorn Temple is the same copy that initiates the assault on 8-bit and 16-bit Ninja Village.